Thursday, August 8, 2013

Johnny Rockets review

I visited Johnny Rockets several times, but I guess that I didn't really reviewed my visits.
So here we are...

I had a meal at the Jjumeirah branch...quite hidden in a small shopping mall with a Choitram.
I tried a rather standard burger, sweet potato fries and a peanut shake.

Service was ok. Like often the stuff was almost entirely Filipino. It was very slow in the restaurant and they rather entertained themselves in their mother tongue as taking care of their guest (which was me).

To the food.
The server asked me, how I would like the burger- I opted for medium well (he asked me actually, if I would like to have the burger well done). The burger arrived after quite some time. It was overcooked but overall great! The patty was thin, well roasted and crumbly... Extremely tasteful, the bread W's good and the toppings adequate. 9 points out of ten in the burger department.

The sweet potato fries were a different subject. Long orangey fries, served with ranch dressing. Unfortunately they were quite tasteless and the ranch only added confusion. A 3.5 at most.
The peanut shake? Not from this world. Very sweet, though everything fitted. Amazing (the only drawback is the guilt, which you feel, when you have one... you can just imagine that one shake has a quadrillion calories). Definitely 10 out of 10 (with a plus).

Now the real negatives: you pay everything separate without meal bundle. Three items for around AED 90? Outrageous. I feel that JR out prices themselves. I have the feeling, that I even pay less, if I go to Shake Shack, which has a better overall quality (burgers fare pretty much the same). And Shake Shack has a much better, conte,portray feel - mad lets face it, the 60's theme is no more really fresh (at least it doesn't attract me)

Meh or Yay? Definitely yay!
Restaurant comfort / design: 6.5
Service: a meager 6
Food & beverage: 8 (only due to the disappointing sweet potato fries)
Value for money: 4 
Overall: 7.5

Verdict: if you stick with burgers and shakes, Johnny Rockets has a convincing quality. Unfortunately they are also very expensive and the atmosphere and service doesn't justify the high prices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment