Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Short review - Shawarma at MoMo - Dubai Satwa

Just a short one. MoMo is not a unknown restaurant for me. I have had numerous time a shawarma there. And it was always delicious. Then I went with my better part Sarah to have a proper meal. Very inexpensive - but the items where rather hit and miss.

Yesterday I went again to the Iranian venue - for two chicken shawarmas take away.

Absolutely delicious. I never had a better shawarma anywhere [and the best thing - they are totally consistent with that].
There secret: they dump the outside of the filled bread in a bit of the fat which came out of the meat and then they are toasting it in a sandwich press. Utterly yummy!

The only let down - I guess they are so popular, that they are portioning your pickles to one piece each - carrot [not a whole carrot, duh - just one small piece], one piece of cucumber and one green pickled pepper. Yes - thats it. The pickles themselves taste good - not the best pickles I ever had, but tasted self-made and more than adequate.

Service is also a bit "different". The Pinoy cashier wasn't particular friendly, just took my money, gave me the ticket and gesticulated me to next door, where the "kitchen" is located. The Arabic cooks are at least smiley and funny.

The overall looks of the place is also not really worth a candlelight dinner.
But they focus on takeaway - and while shawarma is not particular romantic food, you can dress up your home with a lot of candles [and make it otherwise dark] that only the tastebuds sing their song of romance…

WOW or MEH:                  Wow
Ambiance:                          2
Value for Money [1-10]:     7
Deliciousness [1-10]:          8
Staff Helpfulness [1-10]:    3
Going back:                         Definitely
Overall Score:                      7

The rating is for the shawarma only. The other food items are solid but rather a hit and miss and not as delicious as their lamb or chicken shawarmas. Definitely take it out and ask for extra pickles!

No comments:

Post a Comment